- A stack of paper (can be plain or lined)
- A ruler
- Liquid glue
- A sheet of thick white paper ( such as manila paper) and a plain a paper
- Markers, paints, colored pens
- Tooth picks
- A metal wire (you can find this from broken earrings or hair pins)
So let’s begin!
- Measure the size of the book you want and draw it on your stack of paper. The size I used was 3.3cm by 2.5cm. If you think this is small, you can use a bigger size.
- Cut that size out on the stack of paper. I cut the whole stack together because it’s easier and saves a lot of time then cutting on each individual paper. (note, it’s okay if the edges are not completely straight or even)
- Staple the stack in the middle.
- Using pliers, extract the hoop of an old earring and twist it into a loop.
- Place the loop in the middle of the stack and staple over it. (don’t be tempted to pull the loop at this point)
- Pour liquid glue on the edges and using an old paint brush or your finger, spread liquid glue all over the edges and let it dry. Ensure you put enough glue around the loop to bind it to the book.
- Cut out a large rectangle from the thick white paper which encloses the whole stack like a book cover. Ensure it is 3-4 mm bigger than the paper stack.
- Outline the inner edge of the thick white paper with any marker you like. Cut two toothpicks, the size of the book and stick them in the middle.
- Cut a plain piece of white paper of the same size. Here we get a little artsy, if you are one of those who can’t draw to save their lives, you can print out the book cover and stick it on the thick white paper.
For the rest, make sure your dimensions are correct. Draw the design you want on the white paper and write the book title. You can either Google the book cover or come up with something on your own. Color the book cover with your markers and pens. After you are done, stick it on the thick white sheet.
- After everything is dry, stick the stack of paper in your book cover and…
VOILA!! YOUR BOOK PENDANT IS READY!!
P.S: This make a perfect gift for your book over friends. Just be discreet when you ask them about their favorite book.